Craco is the medieval town of Italy. Gulf of Taranto 40 kilometers from the medieval town situated inland typical of the region, residents of houses built on the slopes of a long time corn and grain produced. The settlement history can be traced back to 1060 when the area became the property of Archbishop Arnaldo, Bishop of Tricarico. In 1891, there were still 2,000 houses inhabited, despite the fact that the region fought a very serious agricultural problems. That is why they moved to 1,300 between 1892 and 1922 in North America, followed by earthquakes, landslides and loss of life in the war completely devastated the city. Between 1959 and 1972 series of disasters struck the region, and in 1800 the remaining residents moved to nearby Craco Peschierába, and the medieval streets are empty today.